Frequently Asked Questions
- How to clean a wool blanket?
The right way to clean a wool blanket is by hand in cold water or hand warm water with wool-safe detergent or in your washing machine on a gentle cycle in cold water.
- Can you wash a wool blanket?
Although wool doesn’t need to be washed often, you can wash a wool blanket by hand or on a gentle cycle in your washing machine.
- What temperature to wash a wool blanket?
Wash a wool blanket in cold water, no warmer than 30ºC or 86ºF. Never wash your wool blanket in hot water or it will felt.
- What detergent for a wool blanket?
Use a wool-safe detergent either with our without added lanolin.
- Which cycle for a wool blanket?
When you wash a wool blanket in you washing machine, select a gentle wash cycle with cold water and a gentle spin.
- How to dry a wool blanket?
Wool blankets can be dried outside, but avoid direct sunlight as this might discolor the wool. Preferably, dry wool blankets on a flat surface.
- Can I tumble dry a wool blanket?
No, never tumble dry a wool blanket. The blanket will felt because of the high temperature and the continuous spinning.